We don’t care who says what – South Africans love food! It doesn’t matter if it’s a friendly braai, Sunday market food stalls, gourmet restaurants or a home-cooked meal, we love it. But more than just the delicious and interesting dishes, food also brings people together.
And because we, here at GetMore, are always trying to find the most suitable solution for you, we’ve decided to take a closer look at the pros and cons of eating out and staying home.
Eating In Pros
- You know what goes into your meal.
- You can create healthier options.
- Cooking can be family time if everyone helps.
- No one cares what you’re wearing or when you’re eating.
- Cook in bigger batches – you can cook one big meal and have enough to eat for the week (depending on what you cook and your family size).
Eating In Cons
- If you’re tired, you still need to make the meal.
- You can get stuck in a creative rut.
- Cornflakes, popcorn or 2-minute noodles are not acceptable meal options unless you’re a full-time student.
Eating Out Pros
- It’s fun.
- It’s convenient.
- You’ll always find new and weird dishes to try.
- You’ll be able to try dishes cooked to perfection, and things you might not be able to afford otherwise.
- No dishes!
- No one judges your cooking skills (or lack thereof).
- Pleasing all your guests is not your problem.
- By eating out, you help create jobs.
Eating Out Cons
- Allergies can get in the way.
- You don’t know (or don’t want to know) what happens in the kitchen.
- If you’re calorie counting or on a diet, portion sizes and the unknown ingredients can be a problem.
- Temptations – you might end up eating something you shouldn’t.
- Sometimes meals can be a real bummer, if they’re not cooked right.
- If it’s something you can cook better, why pay for it?
- Depending on what and where you eat, it can be more expensive than eating at home.
Whatever you’re in the mood for GetMore will find the perfect restaurant for you. Chat to us online or call 084 11 438 48 and we’ll book your table at one of over 500 restaurants and you’ll get a R100 discount off your second main meal.