It happens every year: Summer rolls around, and you make awesome plans for picnics, concerts, and cold drinks on a rooftop. Then winter comes along, and you haven’t done any of it.
We came up with a helpful list of 20 inexpensive summer activities that makes hot and sweaty weekends not only tolerable, but positively enjoyable.
- Buy a stack of old magazines from a second-hand bookshop and read them on the grass, in the sun.
- Take lots of photos of you, your family and friends enjoying the weather.
- Make at least one new friend.
- Lie in bed in the morning, with the windows open and good music playing loudly.
- Explore a new area — even if it’s just another neighbourhood.
- Make a point of wearing all of your favourite summer clothes.
- Learn a couple of sweet sentences in another language.
- Get a massage which makes you feel as if your body’s melting!
- Wear a fabulous sun-hat while you still can.
- Visit some of the weirdest tourist attractions in your own city.
- Go bare-legged as often as possible!
- Take the vacation days you have owing, and go and do something magnificent!
- See a movie at the drive-in.
- Play miniature golf.
- Make lemonade from scratch.
- Eat a slice of watermelon.
- Go for a bike ride.
- Go for a hike.
- Go camping.
- Bring a blanket and lie on the grass at an outdoor concert.
Visit GET MORE for more ideas and great deals this summer.